- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons paprika (may substitute smoked paprika)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, divided (may substitute olive oil)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 small bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (~16 ounces)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- Handful of chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- ⅓ cup Primal Kitchen Cilantro-Lime Dressing and Marinade* (see below for homemade options)
- Make the marinade: Place the chicken in a zip-top bag or container with a lid. Combine the garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil and juice of ½ lemon and stir to combine.
- Pour the marinade over chicken and massage to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 48 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard any excess marinade. Place the chicken in a single layer on one end of the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, make the homemade Cilantro-Lime Dressing (if using, See Notes below for recipe).
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Add the peppers and onions to the middle of the baking sheet and the riced cauliflower to the end opposite the chicken. Drizzle cauliflower with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle veggies with a pinch of salt.
- Return the pan to the oven. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165℉ on an instant-read thermometer) and veggies are tender.
- Remove thee pan from the oven. Serve the chicken and peppers over the cauliflower rice along with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Drizzle with Cilantro-Lime Dressing, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.
*Homemade or Whole30-compliant option: Combine ⅓ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo, 1 clove of garlic, peeled and smashed, ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, ¼ tsp. salt + more to taste, and the juice of ½ lime (about 1½ tsp.) in a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth.
*Egg-Free Option (contains dairy): Combine ⅓ cup plain yogurt, 1 clove of garlic, peeled and smashed, ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, ¼ tsp. salt + more to taste, and the juice of ½ lime (about 1½ tsp.) in a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth.
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe (includes dressing)
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 27g
- (Sat Fat: 5g)
- Sodium: 734mg
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- (Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 10g)
- Protein: 33g