- 4 cups crispy brown rice cereal (Rice Krispies are a great sub although not gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup honey (may sub maple syrup for vegan-friendly)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (for nut-free, use sunflower seed butter)
For the chocolate topping:
- In a food processor, add the crispy brown rice cereal, honey, and peanut butter. Process for two 10-second bursts, scraping sides at each interval. Continue to mix until the mixture is well blended and forming a ball.
- Scoop out the mixture by the spoonful and evenly fill a 24 mini muffin tin. Press mixture very firmly into the muffin tin.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until frozen.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Stir constantly until all chocolate chips have melted. A microwave also works for this step.
- Remove the muffin pan from the freezer and remove Scotcheroos from the pan and place on a parchment-lined plate or pan. To remove, use a knife to slide between the scotcheroo bite and the pan. Then gently lift up. Place a spoonful of melted chocolate on top of each Scotcheroo. Smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with a few crushed peanuts and/or sea salt. Place back in the freezer. Serve once the chocolate has set.
- Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 mini scotcheroo
- Calories: 95
- Fat: 5 g
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 5 g)
- Protein: 3 g