- 2 medium delicata squash, seeds removed and sliced into 1/4-inch thick ‘moons’
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ghee, melted (we recommend Pure Indian Foods Garlic Ghee)*
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced (may substitute 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion)
- Fresh thyme leaves (may substitute 1/4 tsp. dried thyme)
- Salt & Pepper
- *May substitute 1/2 Tbsp. bacon grease for part of the ghee
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add squash slices, shallots and tomatoes to baking sheet. Toss with melted ghee (and bacon fat, if using).
- Arrange vegetables in an single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay a few thyme sprigs (or sprinkle with dried thyme) on top of the vegetables and bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, stirring the vegetables halfway through baking time, until tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 95
- Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- (Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g)
- Protein: 2g