- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened*
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour, all-purpose or gluten-free blend** (330 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ – ½ cup raspberry preserves or jam (or any flavor)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda to the mixing bowl. Stir or mix on low speed until a creamy dough forms.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Remove dough from the fridge and using a cookie scoop, scoop out dough, roll between palms of hands, place on baking sheet. Press your thumb into the middle of the cookie to make a well.
- Fill well with raspberry preserves, about one teaspoon per cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or lightly golden brown on the edges and bottom.
- Let cool before removing from the baking sheet.
*For dairy-free, use plant-based stick butter (we like Earth Balance, Miyokos Unsalted European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, and Good & Gather Organic Plant-Based Buttery Sticks. Also, use a non-dairy milk of choice, such as almond milk or oat milk
**For gluten free flours, we recommend Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. If you don’t need cookies that are gluten-free, you can use an equal amount of unbleached all-purpose flour
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 4 g
- (Sat Fat: 2 g)
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Carbohydrate: 17 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 8 g)
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg