Servings: 12 truffles 1x
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- ¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of sea salt (if almond butter is unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips (1 cup)
- ¼ tsp. coconut oil
- Chopped or sliced almonds, coarse or flaked sea salt and/or pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Place almond butter, pumpkin puree, coconut butter, maple syrup and pie spice in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Stop processor and add coconut flour. Process until a soft dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add 1-2 tsp. of additional coconut flour.
- Roll dough between your palms to form 12 equal-sized balls. Place on a plate in the freezer and allow to chill at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to dip, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water to simulate a double boiler. Stir occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
- Using a fork or wooden skewer, carefully dip truffles one at a time into the melted chocolate, rolling and dunking until evenly coated on all sides. Sprinkle with chopped almonds, salt, and additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and return to the fridge until chocolate hardens.
- Store truffles in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The texture is best when they’ve been allowed to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Pumpkin Pie Truffles will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and can be frozen for longer storage making them a great make-ahead option for a holiday feast, cookie exchange, or teacher gift.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- (Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g)
- Protein: 2g