- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp flax meal (also known as ground flaxseed)
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey (for vegan, sub maple syrup)
- ⅓ cup sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (may substitute avocado oil)
Mix-ins of choice (use what you have on hand, equaling about 1 – 1 ½ cups):
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water, stir. Set aside until it’s thick (about 5-8 minutes).
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, honey, sunflower seed butter, pumpkin, and oil.
- Stir with a large spoon until well mixed.
- Fold in your mix-ins of choice.
- Scooping the batter up by large spoonfuls, place on the prepared parchment-covered baking sheet. Divide evenly to get 12 round cookies. With slightly damp hands, lightly press the dough down to form a round cookie shape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and firm to touch in the center. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing.
- Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
For a protein-boost, add ½ cup unflavored whey protein to the dry ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 8g
- (Sat Fat: 1g)
- Sodium: 60mg
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 12g)
- Protein: 4g