- 2 servings protein powder*
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend** or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk of choice (non-dairy milk for for dairy-free)
- ½ cup egg whites (2 egg whites)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- Butter, coconut oil, or nonstick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; stir well.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of butter or coconut oil (may also use cooking spray) to the surface. Once melted and/or hot, swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon batter (using a scant ¼ cup per pancake) into the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until small bubbles appear on top surface of the batter. Flip over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the pancake is golden brown. Remove the cooked pancakes from the skillet and keep warm. Repeat until all of the pancake batter is used up.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat: microwave for 30 seconds or use a toaster or toaster oven to warm them.
*We recommend Puori Whey Protein Powder – Vanilla (use PUORIxRFD for 15% off) or KOS Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder (use REALFOOD15 for 15% off). Because different protein powders will result in a different consistency of the pancake batter, you may need to add additional milk or flour. If the batter is too thin, add an additional tablespoon or two of flour. If the batter is too thick add an additional tablespoon of milk.
**We recommend Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Flour Blend or King Arthur’s Measure for Measure Gluten-free Baking Flour.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes (made with Puori whey protein powder)
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 3 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Carbohydrate: 25 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 2 g)
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg