- 1 large sweet potato, washed and dried
Toppings for Smoked Salmon ‘Everything Bagel’ Sweet Potato Toast:
- Avocado, peeled and thinly sliced or mashed
- Smoked salmon (Vital Choice is made without sugar)
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Capers, drained
- ‘Everything But the Bagel’ Seasoning (optional but awesome!)
Toppings for ‘South of the Border’ Sweet Potato Toast:
- Mashed avocado
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper flakes or Hot sauce of choice
- Lime wedges
Toppings for ‘The Elvis 2.0’ Sweet Potato Toast:
- Cashew butter (may substitute peanut butter if not for Whole30)
- Banana, sliced
- Crumbled crisp-cooked bacon
Toppings for ‘Blueberry Pie’ Sweet Potato Toast:
- Almond butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- Fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Place a wire rack on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Trim both ends from the sweet potato using a knife.
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slabs using a knife or mandolin slicer.
- Arrange slabs in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not fully cooked (watch to be sure they don’t burn!)
- Remove pan from oven and allow potatoes to cool on a wire rack completely before transferring to a lidded container storage container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To make Sweet Potato Toast
- Place the desired number of sweet potato slices into a toaster or toaster oven. Toast until hot and edges are crispy. The length of toasting time required will depend on your toaster.