- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado or olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown or Dijon mustard (optional)
- 3 tablspoons fresh basil, finely chopped + additional for topping (could also use a mix of fresh thyme and basil)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1¼ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs (if large, cut in half)
- 3 small heads of broccoli, chopped into pieces (about 4–5 cups total)
- 3–4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into skinny sticks (see note below)**
- 2 cups button mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 1 small red onion, diced into larger chunks
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a sheet pan (a rimmed baking sheet) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to make the sauce.
- Place chicken in zip-top bag or glass container. Pour about half of the balsamic sauce over the chicken. Toss chicken to coat and marinate in the fridge while you prep the remaining ingredients. Note: You can marinate the chicken up to 24 hours ahead.
- Next, chop the broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and onion. Note: For more tender carrot pieces, cut the carrots into skinny sticks.
- Place all veggies, except for the tomatoes, on the prepared sheet pan. Pour the remaining balsamic sauce over the veggies and toss to incorporate, making sure all the pieces are coated. Use your hands to really massage the sauce into the broccoli florets.
- Move the veggies around to make space for the chicken. Place the marinated chicken on pan. Discard any remaining marinade used for chicken.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the tomatoes to the pan and toss the veggies around so they won’t burn. Return the sheet pan to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. This will depend on the thickness of the chicken. To make sure chicken is done, use a meat thermometer. Once thermometer reaches 165℉ when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken, remove the sheet pan from the oven.
- Top with additional chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
If you prefer cooked carrots to be tender with just little crunch, cut them into skinny sticks. If you prefer cooked carrots to have a slight crunch, cut them into the size of sticks as shown in the photos.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 15 g
- (Sat Fat: 3 g)
- Sodium: 325 mg
- Carbohydrate: 13 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 7 g)
- Protein: 29 g