Servings: 16 bars 1x
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels, coarsely crushed (~½ cup crushed)
- 1 ½ cups crisp brown rice cereal (or any rice crisp cereal), coarsely crushed (~1 cup crushed)
- 2/3 cup natural chunky peanut butter (if pb is real thick, warm slightly to thin)
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Line a 9×9 pan with plastic wrap (like saran or glad) making sure wrap falls over edges slightly. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to 9×9 pan and press very firmly into pan. Tip: oil hands to prevent mixture from sticking to hands.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- After refrigerating, grab edges of the plastic wrap and remove bars from pan. Cut into 16 bars.
- In a sauce pan on medium-low, melt the chocolate and coconut oil stirring continuously during the melting process. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate.
- Store bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Bars hold together best when refrigerated.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 13 g
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Carbohydrate: 14 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 5 g)
- Protein: 4 g