- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or legs*
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs of choice (such as thyme, rosemary, tarragon, sage, or a mix)**
- ½ – 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, zip-top plastic bag (or a freezer-safe container, if you plan to freeze the chicken).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, then cover bowl or close bag. Gently toss or massage to coat the chicken pieces evenly.
- Marinate the covered chicken in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 2-3 days before cooking. Or, to freeze, remove as much air from the freezer-safe container as possible, and freeze the chicken in the marinade for up to 2 months.
* If using chicken legs, increase to 1 1/2 lbs.
** May substitute 2 teaspoons dried herbs in place of the fresh herbs
- Serving Size: 4 oz marinated chicken breast
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 4 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 252 mg
- Carbohydrate: 0 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 0 g)
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg