Servings: 2-3 servings 1x
- 2–3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Instant Pot
- Wash the sweet potatoes and trim ends and any rough look spots, if needed.
- In the Instant Pot, place the trivet, water and sweet potatoes; be sure they’re not overlapping or on top of each other.
- Lock lid in place and close the vent valve.
- Manually adjust time to 30 minutes on high pressure (see graphic and notes below for sweet potato size and time options).
- Once done cooking, let natural release for 10 minutes. Flip vent valve to release any additional pressure, remove lid, and serve sweet potatoes.
Size of Sweet Potato Cooking Time Chart:
Small sweet potato (2 inches wide) = 20-25 minutes.
Medium sweet potato (3 inches wide) = 30-35 minutes
Large sweet potato (5 inches wide) = 55-60 minutes.
Very large/giant sweet potatoes, we recommend halving or quartering.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup or 100g (baked)
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 0 g
- (Sat Fat: 0 g)
- Sodium: 35 mg
- Carbohydrate: 21 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 6 g)
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg