- 1 ½ cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups dairy or non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Optional garnishes: Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), chopped toasted pecans, Greek yogurt, and/or additional maple syrup for drizzling
- In the container of an Instant Pot, combine oats, milk, water, pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt; stir well.
- Lock lid into place and cook at low pressure (or the grains/porridge setting) for 6 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for the pressure to build up before the 6-minute timer starts counting down. When the cooking time is up, allow for 20 minutes of natural pressure release before flipping the vent valve to the ‘venting’ position to release any residual steam.
- Remove the lid and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve pumpkin oatmeal with optional toppings, such as pepitas, chopped and toasted pecans, Greek yogurt, a dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Store any leftover oatmeal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, mix 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice, and a pinch of ground cloves.
Use certified gluten-free steel-cut oats, if needed. To make this pumpkin oatmeal recipe dairy-free and vegan, use your favorite non-dairy milk.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 3 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Carbohydrate: 34 g
- (Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 8 g)
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg