- 1 1/4 cups sunflower seed butter (200 g)
- 1/2 cup honey (150 g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal* (85 g)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (40 g)
- 2/3 cup raw or dry roasted unsalted sunflower seeds (60 g)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips** (65 g)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the sunflower seed butter, honey, vanilla, and salt and stir constantly until melted together.
- Remove from heat and in a large mixing bowl combine the cereal and sunflower butter mixture, stir until well combined.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator and allow the cereal mixture to cool for about 10-15 minutes. This is important to prevent the chocolate chips from melting when added.
- When the cereal mixture is cooled, fold the coconut, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips into the cereal mixture. With clean hands is easiest.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan or dish with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture to the pan and using your hands, firmly press the dough into the pan, spreading out evenly. For a thicker bar use an 11×7-inch or 9×9-inch pan or dish.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Bars will keep up to two weeks in a covered container in the fridge (or freeze for longer storage).
* to make this recipe dairy-free, use dairy-free chocolate chips, such as Enjoy Life or Hu brands
** not all crisp rice cereals are gluten free or made in a facility that doesn’t also process gluten-containing foods, so if you have celiac disease, seek our crisp rice cereal that is certified gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 68 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg