- 2 tsp. cooking fat of choice (olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, butter or ghee)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 – 1 1/4 lb. chicken breast, cubed into 1 inch pieces (may substitute chicken thighs or ground chicken)
- 1 (12 oz) bag broccoli slaw
- 1 ½ cup shredded red cabbage (may substitute green cabbage)
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion (1 ½ cups, sliced)
- 6–8 green onion, thinly sliced white/light green parts divide with dark green parts
- 4–5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger (may substitute 1/2 tsp. ground ginger*)
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup almond butter (drizzly almond butter works best – like the Trade Joe’s one or Target brand)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Place a large skillet (at least a 12-inch skillet) over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the cooking fat (if the skillet is not non-stick, you may need more fat). Once hot, add the whisked eggs and scramble. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the additional 1 teaspoon of cooking fat as well as the cubed chicken. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Next add the remaining skillet ingredients, except for the dark green parts of green onion. The skillet will be very full until it cooks down. Continue to cook for 8-12 minutes carefully stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Once the veggies are tender and cooked down and chicken is cooked through. Add the eggs back to the skillet, the dark green parts of green onion, and the sauce. Stir to combine and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot topped with cilantro, cashews, sesame seeds, and/or green onion plus a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
*If using ground ginger, add it to the sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe (made with 1 lbs. chicken - garnishes not included)
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 16 g
- (Sat Fat: 3 g)
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Carbohydrate: 28 g
- (Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 10 g)
- Protein: 30 g