Servings: 9 servings 1x
- 2 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoonground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey (use 3 tablespoons for less sweet)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (~½ cup) or applesauce
- 2 large eggs* (See Notes for egg-free option)
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced or chopped + more for topping (omit for nut-free)
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries, do not thaw (may sub fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Spray a 9×9 or 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix.
- Transfer to the prepared dish. Top with a few additional frozen berries and sliced almonds, if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with whipped topping or yogurt and maple syrup if you please.
* Egg-free option: Mix 2 tablespoons ground flax meal with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Mix well and let stand 5-10 minutes to thicken before using in place of the eggs in this recipe.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat – microwave for 30-60 seconds or in the oven at 300 degrees until warm.
- Serving Size: 1/9 of recipe
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 10 g
- (Sat Fat: 4 g)
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Carbohydrate: 33 g
- (Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 11 g)
- Protein: 6 g