Servings: 4 servings 1x
For the Shrimp
- 1 lb. medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed and thawed if frozen, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chili powder (may sub with additional chili powder for less spice)
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
For the Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced fresh mango (1 large) or 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (6 ounces)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- ½ small jalapeño, finely minced (seeds and membranes removed for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 medium)
- Fine salt to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage or coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese or feta cheese (optional, omit for dairy-free)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (375-400℉).
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, ancho chili powder, and salt. Sprinkle over shrimp and toss to coat.
- To make the salsa, combine the avocado, mango, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Gently fold to combine. Taste and season with salt as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Thread the shrimp on skewers and place skewers on the grill grate. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from grill and divide among the tortillas. Top each taco with shredded cabbage, 1-2 tablespoons Mango-Avocado Salsa, and ½ tablespoon crumbled cotija cheese, if using.
Oven directions: Position upper rack in the upper ⅔ of the oven. Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray generously with cooking spray. Place skewers on baking sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe (without cheese)
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 10 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Carbohydrate: 38 g
- (Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 9 g)
- Protein: 21 g