- 4 ears fresh or frozen corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 packed cup arugula or spinach leaves*
- 4–6 radishes, sliced (1 cup)
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries (large ones cut in half)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced (white and light green parts)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime, or 2 small)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (alternatively, you can roast the corn in the oven – see directions below). Rub 1 tablespoon of the oil all over the corn. Grill corn over direct heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, to get grill marks on the corn and to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, prepare and slice the remaining ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the corn is grilled to desired doneness, set it aside until cool enough to handle. Cut corn kernels off the cob.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss together arugula, radishes, blackberries, avocado, green onions, and corn kernels. Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss until incorporated.
- Leftovers can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
To roast corn in the oven: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Remove husks and silks from corn cobs and rub 1 tablespoon oil over the corn. Place corn on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, turning cobs after 20 minutes. Let corn cool a few minutes before cutting kernels off the cobs.
*Won’t be serving the salad right away? If you won’t be serving the salad for a few hours, then hold off on adding the arugula or spinach until right before it’s served. The vinaigrette will cause the greens to wilt over time, so it’s best to stir them in last. Also, if you’ll be serving the salad later, wait to toss everything with the vinaigrette until before serving, too.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg