For the Salad:
- 4 cups spinach or mixed greens (about 4 handfuls)
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- ¾ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup canned, jarred or frozen artichoke hearts (drained or thawed)
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa*
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (may substitute olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, roughly chopped (may substitute 1 tsp. dried oregano)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
May substitute 1/3-1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or jar with lid, whisk (or shake) together the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
*To make quinoa, follow package instructions.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 14 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Carbohydrate: 16 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 3 g)
- Protein: 5 g