- 2 eggs (110 g)
- ⅔ cups milk of choice, dairy or non-dairy (155 g)
- ¾ cup cane sugar (145 g)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (may substitute melted coconut oil or melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups gluten-free flour blend (375 grams) (this recipe has been tested with Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 and King Arthur Measure for Measure – please see tip below!
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of 2 small/medium lemons (about 1/4-1/3 cup juice and 1-2 tablespoon zest)
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (160 g)
- Optional: thin lemon slices for the top of the bread
For the Lemon Glaze:
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, oil, vanilla and vinegar.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice (the batter will foam a little). Then fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. If desired, add thin slices of lemon to the top of the batter before baking.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice until a smooth and thin glaze forms. Once the bread has cooled, drizzle the glaze on top of the bread, then slice and serve.
In order for this bread to turn out to be the perfect loaf please measure the flour accurately. We recommend weighing the flour with the food scale or measuring the flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup and leveling it off with a back of a butter knife.
If gluten-free is not needed, you can substitute an equal amount of unbleached all-purpose flour for the gluten-free flour.
- Serving Size: 1 slice with glaze
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg