- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary (1 tsp. dried)
- ½ Tbsp. fresh thyme (1/4 tsp. dried)
- 2–3 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 4–5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (blend contents of can if separated)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Sea salt & pepper
- 1–2 (14 oz.) bags of Earthbound Farm Cauliflower & Broccoli Riced Veggies
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, herbs, 1 Tbsp. oil and season with salt & pepper. Set aside to marinate while you prep the veggies.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp. oil. Once hot, add the chicken. Cook for just a few minutes or until the chicken is seared on all sides.
- Next add the veggies (mushrooms, red pepper, red onion and garlic). Reduce heat to medium. Stir, cover, and let cook for 6-8 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasional.
- Once the veggies are tender remove the lid. Stir in the coconut milk and lemon juice and season with salt & pepper. Let simmer for 5 minutes to allow some of the moisture to evaporate and the sauce to thicken slightly. Sauce will thicken more when removed from heat.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet over medium heat, add about a ½ Tbsp. oil. Once hot, add the Riced Veggies and sauté until tender.
- Serve the chicken and veggies over the sautéed Riced Cauliflower and Broccoli and top with additional fresh rosemary and thyme, if desired. Add additional salt & pepper if needed.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- (Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 10g)
- Protein: 32g