- 10 pitted medjool dates (or 20 deglet dates)
- 1 cup dried cherries, preferably organic
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2–3 tsp. water
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Put the dates, almonds, cherries and sea salt in a food processor. Process until the mixture is coarse-fine and somewhat crumbly. This will take about 5 minutes and you may need to stop and scrape the bowl down.
- With the food processor still running, slowly add some of the water and continue to process (adding more water as needed) until the fruit and nuts form a ball.
- Turn off processor, stir chocolate chips into fruit and nut mixture using a spoon.
- Using your hands, roll mixture into balls or press into an 8×8-inch pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 Bite
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- (Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 12g)
- Protein: 3g