- 12 cucumber slices
- 8 large basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 16 ounces ginger beer (may substitute ginger kombucha*)
- 4 ounces vodka (omit for a mocktail and replace with additional sparkling water)
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Place 2 cucumber slices, and 2 basil leaves in the bottom of each of four copper mugs or other short glasses.
- Using a cocktail muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon gently muddle the ingredients together. Tip: You just want to bruise them up a bit, not make a mash.
- Fill each mug ½ full with ice. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 ounce vodka to each mug.
- Add 4 ounces ginger beer to each mug then top each one with sparkling water. Stir gently. Garnish each mug with a cucumber slice and basil leaves.
Some ginger beer brands we like are Q Ginger Beer, Reed’s Stronger Ginger Beef (for a more spicy mule), and Fever Tree Ginger Beer.
* If you prefer kombucha, you can use that instead of ginger beer. A few we like are GT’s Organic Gingerade Kombucha, Revive Citrus Ginger Kombucha (available at Thrive Market), and Health-Ade Ginger Lemon Kombucha.
These are our favorite nickel-lined solid copper mugs.
- Serving Size: 1 mule
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 0 g
- (Sat Fat: 0 g)
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 2 g)
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg