Servings: 8 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower rice (such as Taylor Farms, Eat Smart, Cece’s Veggie Co., or Earthbound)
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder (or 3–4 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup purchased buffalo sauce (or homemade buffalo sauce)
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 whole eggs
- 1¼–1½ lbs. chicken breast, cooked and shredded (~3 heaping cups cooked shredded)
- Optional garnishes: ranch dressing of choice (or homemade ranch), hot sauce or additional buffalo sauce, and sliced green onion
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 3-4 qt. casserole dish (9 x 13 also works) and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Once oil is hot, add the cauliflower rice, carrots, red pepper, yellow onion, garlic powder, dried parsley, and a dash of salt and black pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and the veggies are partially cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Adjust heat as necessary. Transfer the veggies to the casserole dish.
- While the veggies are sautéing, in a bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, mayo, and eggs.
- In the casserole dish, mix together the veggies, chicken, and the sauce mixture. Spread out the mixture in an even layer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with ranch, hot sauce or additional buffalo sauce, sliced green onion, and and a dash black pepper. Serve hot.
The recipe was originally published October 24, 2019; Blog post updated March 8, 2023 with no changes to the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 23 g
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Carbohydrate: 8 g
- (Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 3 g)
- Protein: 21 g