For the Burger Bowl:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 8 oz leafy greens of choice (about 8 cups)
- Burger toppings of choice: Pickles, onions, tomatoes, cheese, crisp-cooked bacon, etc.
- Optional: Oven-roasted sweet potato wedges or frozen French fries
For the Sweet Potato Wedges (may use store bought, frozen sweet potato fries or regular fries)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and chopped parsley for sprinkling
For the Special Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added ketchup
- 2 tablespoons diced pickles (may substitute pickle relish)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Fine salt and black pepper, to taste
Skip steps 1-4 if using frozen sweet potato fries or regular fries
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- While the oven preheats, slice sweet potatoes (with skins intact) into wedges about ½-inch thick. Place sweet potato wedges on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, and chili powder. Drizzle over sweet potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes, flipping only when the undersides have begun to brown and crisp up a bit. Baking time may vary based on the thickness of your potatoes and the amount of moisture in the sweet potatoes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Make the Special Sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and stirring to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Next place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Break up the beef and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Assemble the bowls by placing about 2 cups of leafy greens in each bowl, then top with the ground beef, avocado slides, bacon, and desired burger toppings. Add a few sweet potato wedges to the side of each bowl (or serve on the side) and drizzle with special sauce.
- Serving Size: ¼ of the recipe (meat, sauce, and sweet potato wedges)
- Calories: 433
- Fat: 27 g
- (Sat Fat: 5 g)
- Sodium: 754 mg
- Carbohydrate: 3 g
- (Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 6 g)
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg