- 1¼ lbs. chicken breast tenders
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne (optional – omit for less heat or sub paprika)
- 2/3 cup The New Primal Buffalo Sauce (divided)
- 3/4 cup homemade ranch (may sub pre-made ranch of choosing)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs.
- In another shallow dish, combine the flours, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and optional cayenne.
- With a paper towel, pat the chicken breast tenders dry and place on a plate.
- Make an assembly line with the ingredients in this order. Chicken, egg wash, breading and pan.
- Dunk the chicken tenders into the egg wash, let excess egg drip off before coating the chicken tender generously with breading (really press the breading onto the chicken to make sure it sticks). For a thicker breading, you can repeat the egg wash and breading step once more. Set breaded chicken tenders on the pan and repeat.
- Spray breaded chicken tenders with olive oil spray. This will help them brown up.
- Place the pan in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip carefully and bake for another 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of chicken tenders. For extra crisp, broil for 1-2 minutes (watch closely).
- While chicken strips are in the oven, make the Buffalo Ranch Dip by mixing 3/4 cup of ranch with 2 Tbsp. Buffalo Sauce. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- When chicken strips are done baking, remove from oven and let set for 3-4 minutes on pan.
- Then, drizzle with Buffalo Sauce to your liking and brush to coat.
- Place on a serving dish and serve with Buffalo Ranch Dip, carrots, and celery.
Pan-fry for extra crispy Buffalo Chicken Strips. Coat pan liberally with oil. Once oil is hot, add breaded chicken tenders. May need to reduce heat to prevent burning. Cook chicken on both sides for 3-6 minutes. Time will depend on how thick chicken tenders are. Once done, remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, and then drizzle and gently toss with Buffalo Sauce to your liking.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (2-3 strips) - no dressing
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 16 g
- Sodium: 730 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 1 g)
- Protein: 30 g