- 3–4 strips bacon, crisp-cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup halved grapes
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 green onions, dark green ends removed, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted sunflower seed
Optional garnishes: chopped parsley, sliced green onion, additional sunflower seeds
- Cook the bacon until very crisp; drain on paper towels. Once cooled, chop or crumble into small pieces.
- Next, make the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, vinegar, and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli and cauliflower florets, grapes, red onion, green onions, sunflower seeds, and crumbled bacon. Pour the dressing over top and toss until the ingredients are nicely coated with the dressing. For best flavor, mix the salad together and chill in the refrigerator at least 2-3 hours before serving.
*Omit the honey or maple syrup for a Whole30-compliant salad
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- (Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g)
- Protein: 2g