For the Salsa
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 15-oz can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 2–3 Roma tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced (¾ cup) (we use ½ green & ½ red)
- ½ small red onion, diced (½ cup)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
For the Chile Lime Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (2 small limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the drained and rinsed beans and corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and avocado; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salsa ingredients. Gently toss until the dressing is distributed evenly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
This salsa is best when made just before serving, but can be made up to 2 hours ahead. For the freshest salsa, add the diced avocado and toss with the vinaigrette just before serving. Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 7 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 155 mg
- Carbohydrate: 16 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 4 g)
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg