- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or legs*
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ – 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Pinch of black pepper or red pepper flakes
- Place chicken in a large bowl, zip-top plastic bag (or a freezer-safe container, if you plan to freeze the chicken).
- In the bowl of a food processor blender, place the basil, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process until blended and mostly smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover bowl or close bag. Gently toss or massage to coat the chicken pieces evenly.
Marinate the covered chicken in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 2-3 days before cooking. Or, to freeze, remove as much air from the freezer-safe container as possible, and freeze the chicken in the marinade for up to 2 months.
* If using chicken legs, increase to 1 1/2 lbs.
- Serving Size: 4 oz marinated chicken breast
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 4 g
- (Sat Fat: 1 g)
- Sodium: 252 mg
- Carbohydrate: 0 g
- (Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 0 g)
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg