- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 large egg (for egg-free sub 1 tablespoon flax meal + 3 tablespoons water – let set for 5–10 minutes)
- 3 medium bananas (ripe/brown), mashed
- 1 ¾ cups milk of choice (use non-dairy milk for dairy-free and/or vegan)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (omit for nut-free)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×9 baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl (or the prepared baking dish) combine all of the ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer batter to baking dish (if mixed in a bowl). Top with a few extra walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with organic natural peanut butter, banana slices, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and/or yogurt, if desired
- Serving Size: 1/9 of recipe
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 6 g
- (Sat Fat: 2 g)
- Sodium: 226 mg
- Carbohydrate: 28 g
- (Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 8 g)
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg