FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
FOR THE CHIPOTLE-LIME AIOLI
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest (1⁄2 lime)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees and allow it to preheat.
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts and cut each Brussel into quarters (cut very small Brussels only in half). Save any loose Brussels sprout leaves (you can use those, too).
- In a medium bowl, toss the Brussels sprout quarters, halves, and loose leaves with oil and salt. Once the air fryer is preheated, transfer the Brussels into the airy fryer basket. Air fry for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the aioli. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, chipotle powder, and salt. Set aioli aside until ready to serve.
- Once the Brussels have cooked in the air fryer for 7 minutes, remove the basket and shake the stir the Brussels a little. Return the basket and air fry for another 8 minutes (15 minutes total cooking time).
- Serve hot Brussels sprouts with the aioli for dipping.
Makes 4 cups cooked Brussels and 6 tablespoons aioli
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup cooked Brussels and 1 tablespoons aioli
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 11 g
- (Sat Fat: 2 g)
- Sodium: 267 mg
- Carbohydrate: 6 g
- (Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 1 g)
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg