Servings: Serves 6
- 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat of choice (avocado oil, olive oil, ghee, etc.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (and membranes removed for less heat)
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (such as our Homemade Whole30 Taco Seasoning)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or homemade broth)
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (may substitute diced tomatoes)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Diced avocado and lime wedges for serving
- Select ‘Saute’ on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, add cooking fat of choice. Sauté the onions and bell pepper 3-4 minutes or until they start to soften. Press ‘Cancel’ and stir in garlic, green chiles, and jalapeño (if using).
- Add chicken, taco seasoning, cumin, salt, broth, and tomatoes. Stir, lock the lid into place, set cook time for 15 minutes (high pressure) and flip vent valve to the ‘Sealing’ position.
- After cooking time is up, allow for 5-10 minutes of natural pressure release before manually releasing any remaining pressure then remove lid when safe to do so.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to the pot and stir in lime juice.
- Taste and season with additional salt if needed. Serve with fresh cilantro, avocado, lime wedges, etc.
- Serving Size: 2 cups (without toppings)
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 582mg
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- (Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 8g)
- Protein: 25g